We are happy to be able to continue caring for those in need during the ongoing COVID-19 Pandemic.
We advise that if you are feeling unwell, or are experiencing any of the following symptoms, please stay home: cough, fever, sore throat, unusual muscle aches, loss of smell or taste.
- Our staff will stay home if they exhibit any of the outlined symptoms above
- We distribute patient visits to ensure no cross-over with other patients and allow adequate time to clean and sanitize the equipment
- We thoroughly clean all the equipment before and after patient’s visit
- We required mask wearing by clinicians and patients
- For clients that are not feeling well, are not comfortable with one-on-one session, or have traveled recently and are in self-quarantine, we offer Telehealth appointments
IF YOU TRAVELED RECENTLY
- We are following all travel mandates from the state of Alaska
- All travelers must have a negative Covid test either within 72 hours of travel, or upon arrival in Alaska, get tested and present negative test after minimum five days of strict social distancing
- A 14 day quarantine is still an option without testing
WHAT TO EXPECT
- You may be screened prior to entering the facility for symptoms of COVID19
- Masks are required for both clinician, patient, and guardians
- We have disposable masks available and will provide one for you if you don’t have one of your own.
- Physical distance is maintained as best as possible throughout the session
- We will do our best to maintain adequate social distance throughout your appointment. Physical therapy does require some hands-on evaluation and treatment strategies. Explicit permission from you to come into contact with you in that capacity will be implemented.
- No additional guests allowed at your appointment unless absolutely necessary or the patient is a minor
- You will be asked to wash your hands upon arrival and upon leaving
- Hand sanitizer is readily available should it be needed
- Equipment will be cleaned thoroughly before and after your session
- If you have had any contact with a person who was diagnosed with COVID19 within the last 14 days, you will be turned away and encouraged to schedule a virtual session.
- If you have any symptoms of COVID19, you will be turned away and encouraged to reschedule a virtual session or return when you are fully recovered