What is it?
Extracorporeal Shockwave Therapy is a breakthrough treatment that allows damaged tissue to regenerate and heal quicker than traditional treatments. It is the most advanced and highly effective non-invasive treatment method based on a set of pressure waves that stimulate the metabolism, enhance blood circulation, break up scar tissue and calcifications, and accelerate the healing process.
What can be treated?
- Acute & chronic tendon pain/injuries such as
- Elbow epicondyles
- Patellar tendinitis
- Achilles tendonopathy
- Plantar fasciitis
- Hip Flexor Tendonitis
- Iliotibial Band Syndrome (IT Band)
- Calcifications & nerve conditions
- Heel spurs
- Elbow and wrist (Carpel/cubital tunnel)
- Mayofascial trigger points
Benefits of ESWT:
- No down-time!
- Quicker healing time so you can get back to the actives you love
- No anesthesia required
- No scarring
- Cost effective
- Virtually no risks! Some patients may feel minor discomfort the day of treatment and a few days after. Residual pain is normal after intense exercise. Talk to your physical therapist to adjust your treatment to your needs.
Do I need a doctor’s referral?
No referral is needed for ESWT treatment. However, if we have not seen you before and do not know your medical history, the initial treatment session will be combined with an initial evaluation with one of our Physical Therapist to diagnose and determine the best approach for ESWT treatment. Afterwards, if only ESWT treatment sessions are needed, follow up appointments can be a short as 30-minutes!
What are the results
- Pain relief, restored mobility and improved quality of life
- In just a few sessions, you’ll be able to return to your favorite sport or activity!
Want more information to find out if ESWT is the best treatment option for you?
Did you know we offer FREE 20-minute consultations (add link to free discovery session) with one of our board certified sports Physical Therapists?
Give our office a call at 907-929-9009 to schedule.
Let’s treat the root cause of your pain!