In Clinic Physical Therapy
Appointments at our State-Of-The-Art Sports Physical Therapy Clinic in South Anchorage
Work one-on-one with a board certified sports physical therapist at our clinic. Unlike mobile appointments, in-clinic visits allow your PT access to ALL of their tools including Extracorporeal Shockwave Therapy Unit, Personalized Blood Flow Restriction, Astro Turf for return to sport, Nordic track for skiers, and professional level treadmill for runners and trail blazers… just to scratch the surface.
We will assess your needs and your goals in great detail and provide a roadmap to your recovery and desired level of activity and performance.
What Can You Expect? How Does The Process Work?
- If you are not sure if this is for you, schedule a free online or phone discovery visit. We will get to know you better (and you will get to know us better), discuss your goals, and suggest the best approach to solve your problem.
- Schedule a physical therapy appointment by calling our office at 907-929-9009, or book online.
- A board certified physical therapist will meet with you, one-on-one, uninterrupted at our sports physio clinic. He or she will take your detailed musculoskeletal and activity history, assess your mobility, movement patterns and equipment (if needed), and establish the diagnosis as well as suggest plan of care. This initial evaluation is a 60-minute appointment.
- We will suggest home care, exercises and activity progression to reach your goals as well as any interventions such as manual therapy, modalities, etc. (see “Other Services section below) that will be helpful to get you closer to your goals.
- If you wish, we will follow up with you through email, between your appointments.
- If you feel that you would like to save time and be seen via Telehealth, we can do that.
- If your physical therapist (and you) feel that you would benefit from another specialist, we will gladly make the connection and refer you.
What We Can Help You With:
- Running injuries
- Sports injuries
- Plantar fasciitis
- Knee pain
- Low back pain
- Tendon pain
- Foot pain
- Post-surgical rehabilitation
- ACL recovery and return to sports
- Osteoarthritis pain
- Return to activity after a Total Joint Replacement
- Prehabilitation (before a surgery)
- Extracorporeal Shock Wave Therapy
- Personalized Blood Flow Restrictions Training (Owens Recovery Science)
- Trigger point Dry Needling
- Manual Therapy
Functional Movement Screen (FMS ®)
- Sports-Specific Rehabilitation
- Run Analysis
- Female Athlete Program
- Performance enhancement through musculoskeletal care and movement analysis
Points To Note:
Please wear comfortable clothing, and bring indoor shoes.
Runners’ Edge Alaska is an important piece of the wholesome care of Active Alaskan’s of all ages – whether it is a marathon, hiking in the Chugach mountains, training for the tour of anchorage, successfully completing a V-10, or just running after your kids. The physical therapist will closely communicate with the rest of your team – the physician, coach, massage therapist, nutritionist to provide seamless care.