We are excited to introduce the NormaTec Recovery Room at Runners Edge and to Alaska’s most active! NormaTec is the ultimate recovery device. Much like a Sports Massage, this compression technology can increase circulation and improve mobility!
Tired of your body feeling tight, sore and… tired? A NormaTec Recovery Session can help you recover quicker and get back to your favorite activities feeling 100%! Schedule a session after a hard workout, race or game– your body will thank you!
Learn more about NormaTec Compression therapy below
Who can benefit from NormaTec
NormaTec recovery sessions can benefit those who:
- Work out regularly
- Are training for a competition or race
- Experience swollen legs from traveling frequently
- Stand for long hours on the job
- Suffer from inflammation, sore muscles, or other circulatory issues
NormaTec is used extensively in professional athletics and is utilized for both rehab and recovery by 97% of pro teams, as well as Olympic and elite athletes across a broad spectrum of sports. Read more on this HERE!
What is NormaTec PULSE?
The NormaTec PULSE Series is a pneumatic compression device that utilizes patented technology to increase circulation to the limbs. NormaTec was founded by a physician and bioengineer as a medical company to help treat circulatory conditions. They later worked directly with top athletic programs to develop the NormaTec PULSE Series. Using NormaTec’s leg, arm, or hip attachments boosts blood flow and reduces pain and soreness. In addition to these benefits, studies show that NormaTec decreases inflammation, clears metabolites, and increases range of motion.
We have the complete series (leg, arm, and hip attachements) at Runners’ Edge Alaska!
How does it work?
NormaTec pairs compression with a sophisticated massage pattern to mimic the way the muscle pump of the legs and arms, to greatly enhance the movement of fluid and flushes out the limbs. NormaTec utilizes hold pressures similar to the way our veins and lymphatic vessels work to enhance the natural circulatory flow. One feature that sets NormaTec apart, is the distal release feature. This releases hold pressures once they are no longer needed, ensuring that each portion of the limb gains maximal rest time without a significant pause between compression cycles.
What does a recovery session look like?
NormaTec is a clinically proven method to enhance recovery and reduce pain and soreness. During a 30-minute NormaTec Recovery Session:
- The client will first experience a pre-inflate cycle, during which the attachments fill with air to calibrate and mold to their exact body shape.
- The session will then begin by compressing the feet, hands, or upper quad (depending on which attachment you are using.)
- Similar to the kneading and stroking done during a massage, each segment of the attachment will first compress in a pulsing manner and then release.
- This will repeat for each segment of the attachment as the compression pattern works its way up the limb.
Recovery Sessions stimulates blood flow, massages the muscles, and works in harmony with the body’s circulatory system to mobilize fluid out of the extremities and back up towards the heart.
Ready to experience NormaTec?
Experience the effects of NormaTec compression therapy for yourself! Schedule up to a 30-minute NormaTec Recovery Room appointment today!
- Full legs
Call 907-929-9009 to schedule!