Come Join Our Team!
Needed: A part time or full-time physical therapist with genuine interest in sports, injury prevention, and general health.
Runners’ Edge Alaska is a growing Sports Physical Therapy practice in Anchorage, Alaska. We provide in-clinic, mobile, and telehealth services to serve our clients the best! We are looking for a part-time or a full-time physical therapist to join our team and expand our programs.
Do you have experience and a passion for sports, treating recreational, elite, and aspiring athletes across the lifespan? Do you want to guide their recovery and training based on their unique needs? Broaden your experience and skill set by joining a team that works together, appreciates and supports each other, and enjoys hard work.
Give us a call! You will grow our practice and provide world class physical therapy to clients in our community. You must be someone who puts people skills ahead of clinic skills and you must be a true team player.
Who We Are:
Runners’ Edge Alaska is an Alaskan-owned, In-Clinic, Mobile, and Telehealth Physical Therapy practice based in Anchorage, Alaska. We help active Alaskans of all ages to return to things they love safely and efficiently. Our client-centered focus ensures sustained growth and we now have a great position open for a skilled physical therapist.
We are well-known in our community; we volunteer at local running races and we provide seminars focused on sports injury prevention, performance enhancement, and overall well-being. We love to help our people shine. Be valued! We want you to create life you want, so are be proud of who you become.
Are you passionate about helping Alaskans in sports of all levels? About moving our profession towards the 21st century and away from antiquated healthcare model? To move it away from meaningless and outdated treatment plans and toward life-long wellness? We want to hear from you!
Learn more about us: www.runnersedge.physio
Detailed Position Description:
We are continuing to develop our Sports outreach in the community, focused on injury prevention, recovery, and optimal performance. We strive to provide valuable treatment and education that will provide a lifelong joy of physical activity to our clients. We are passionate about advocating for better care, beyond basic physical therapy needs.
We will strive to provide all the resources needed to establish and grow this program to be the most valuable Sports PT program in Alaska.
- Valid and current Alaska State PT license.
- CPR /First Aid certification.
- Experience working with athletes throughout the lifespan (recreational and elite).
- Work independently with guidance.
- Work one-on-one with clients, in-person or Telehealth.
- Extremely detail oriented and appreciates people who take an organized, systemic approach to achieving success.
Responsibilities and Activities:
- For Mobile visits, you will use your own vehicle to drive yourself to the appointments in Anchorage and close surrounding areas.
- Do everything possible to get the best outcome for every client.
- Work outside if the client and the situation benefits form it. We take a lot of our clients to the local parks, running track, and mountains to be able to serve them in their own environment.
- You will work side by side with local coaches, nutritionists, sports psychologist, retailers.
- Ensure that clients achieve their clinical and health/lifestyle outcomes (in the time frame you set).
- Develop a life-long relationship with clients that benefits both the client and the clinic.
- Confidently communicate the value of our service and your skills during the conversation about price.
- Provide a high level of customer care that will cause clients to want to come back frequently
- Increase referrals by providing a high level of customer care and service to all of your clients.
- Provide short, free ‘taster sessions’ to create a productive client-PT relationship.
- Ensure that every client completes a plan of care that they agree to.
- Ensure that clinical notes are kept accurately and up to date.
- Participate in, contribute to, and help to develop the in-house educational training program that is provided to all physical therapists.
- Assist in the production of in-clinic workshops, trade shows and other marketing events.
- Be on hand to participate in and contribute to the clinic’s social media activity.
- Do client call backs without being asked and be willing to speak to clients who have dropped off schedule.
- Above average physical therapy skills that will continue to be developed.
- Sports Physical Therapy training preferred but not required.
- Manual therapy skills are a plus.
- World class communication skills that will continue to be developed.
- Communicate so that the patient can confidently say ‘yes’ to a full plan of care.
- Accountability – have a willingness to be held accountable and to be coached to improve every aspect of your role.
- Engage with and connect with clients on a personal level (not just clinically).
- Thrive in an environment where measurement is the driving force behind progress.
- A deep understanding of clients’ internal and external problems.
- Excellent organizational, time management and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work under deadlines and on schedule.
- Ability to plan work so that it is completed on time.
- Competitive salary based on program development success with a significant bonus per client seen. You decide how many clients you want to see.
- Ample continuing educational benefits.
- At this time, we are not able to provide health benefits.
How to Apply:
Please apply ONLY if you are the type of physical therapist who is willing to learn and grow in every aspect of your role. We are a cash pay/ OON clinic. You will talk to clients about money/cost and if you are unwilling to do that, DO NOT APPLY. We are a high-value, high-service cash pay clinic, and we need to ask for payment from patients in order to provide such a service.
To apply, please send your resume, along with a cover letter detailing why you think you’re a great fit to join our team, to email@example.com. You may also call our office for more information at 907-929-9009.