Small Group PT Programs
6-Week Series Led By A Sports Specialist Physical Therapist
Focus on strength and stability to move better, with more power, and prevent injury. These classes are designed to help you continue enjoying the activities you love most, pain-free! Each series is 6-weeks long and has a specific focus (shoulder strength, shin-splint prevention, etc.). Classes are held 1x/week and each session will build upon the previous to progress safely and efficiently to give you the most benefit in the least amount of time!
Whether you are training for an event (or life!), coming back from an injury, or are on a mission to improve your strength, coordination, and endurance, these classes are specifically designed to help you adapt, recover, and rebuild stronger!
View our up coming classes below!
FREE Strong Strides Solstice Workshop
June 22nd Wednesday
June 29th- August 3rd
Summer running season is short in Alaska and this 6-week program is designed to help you make the most of it! If you want to prevent injury, build running specific strength and perfect your stride to become a more efficient runner, THIS CLASS IS FOR YOU!
*TWO CLASSES TO CHOOSE FROM*
Female Power Hiker
*STAY TUNED FOR OUR NEXT SERIES*
Prevent to Perform: 6-Week Series
ACL Injury Prevention Program for Teen Athletes
January 9th – February 13th
3:15 PM-4:15 PM
1st Class: Runners’ Edge Alaska
2nd-6th Class: O’Malley Sports Complex
If you are a teen athlete, coach of a contact sport, or parent of a teen athlete, chances are you know at least one person who has torn their ACL. Research shows that 1 in 6 athletes tear their ACL in a 4-year stint of high school or college sport. Furthermore, athletes who tear their ACL are at a much higher risk of another ACL tear on the same or opposite knee. Unfortunately many sports teams place little emphasis on injury prevention, or lack the knowledge to put together a sound ACL program.
We are here to change the story and have created this program specifically for teen-athletes to continue competing in, excelling in, and loving their sport! Prevent ACL injuries to Perform your best!
It takes 6-weeks to build sport specific strength. Our class ends just in time for the High School soccer season!
Who is this class for?
- Teen athletes who participate in ball sports, downhill skiing, or contact sports
- Teen athletes with a family history of ACL tears and participate in ball and/or contact sports
- Teen athletes who have completed PT for ACL repair rehab, and are ready to get back to sports competition 100%
Here’s what to expect from this 6-week Series:
- “Return to Sports” testing to all participants. Through a series of evidence based testing, we can identify specific strength deficits and injury prevention goals for each participant. Testing includes quad and hamstring peak force, balance, and power. Testing will take place at the first session and a re-test will happen at the last session to see your progress!
- Guided exercise program under the supervision of a sport specialist physical therapists and Physical Therapy Assistant
- Targeted exercises to help improve your strength, power and balance
- Gain confidence in your knees while competing in your sport
- Learn how to warm up before each game/race/competition to minimize the risk of an ACL injury, with exercises that can be adjusted to the setting you compete in.
Ready to start? Grab a teammate, and join the fun!
Space is limited to 16 participants. Call 907-929-9009 or click below to Register!
XC Powder Puffs: 6-Week Series
Women’s Cross Country Skiing Strength Training Group
January 27th – March 3rd
TWO CLASSES TO CHOOSE FROM:
5-6PM Group (Waitlisted)
Runners’ Edge Alaska
This one is for all the ski babes out there!
Learn how to specifically build strength and power for cross-country skiing (skate and classic style) with strength, speed, and strides!
Strength training is what we most often see neglected by athletes as they enter into a new season or sport, especially in endurance athletes. Perhaps this would change if skiers, runners, and cyclists knew that sport specific strength training can reduce the risk of injury by more than 30%!
It takes 6-weeks to build ski specific strength. Our class ends just in time for the Tour of Anchorage!
Who is this class for?
- Do you love to cross-country ski? (Or want to love it?)
- Have you ever dealt with core, knee, hip weakness?
- Do you want to transition from skiing to running season safely?
- Do you want to ski faster, stronger, and farther this year?
- Do you want to train with an expert and learn ways to prevent injury and continue doing the things you love with confidence?
- Then this class is for YOU!
Ready to start?
Space is limited to 10 participants only. Call 907-929-9009 or click below to Register!
*Payment is required to complete registration.*
Interested in one of our upcoming 6-Week Series?
6-Week Series Line Up: *Stay tuned for more details
- Prevent to Perform: ACL Injury Prevention Program for Teen Athletes *IN SESSION*
- Shin Splint Blaster: Injury Prevention Program for HighSchool Track and Field Athletes *COMING IN MARCH*
- Building Better Shoulders *COMING IN MARCH*
Secure your spot- Give us a call to get on the roster! 907-929-9009
*Is there a class you’d like to see? Send us an email at email@example.com. Let’s chat!