Strength & Conditioning
Programs and Classes
Highly specialized strength and conditioning programs led by a Sports PT and Strength and Conditioning Specialist to target your performance goals.We offer training options for individuals and for groups/teams as well as community classes!
Personalized Training Plans
Women's Bone Health Boot Camp
- Expert Exercise Guidance: Led by sports physical therapist, Zuzana Rogers, experience tailored exercises for optimal bone health, specifically for peri or post-menopausal women.
- Bone Health Nutrition and Holistic Aging Education: Local experts will share nutrition and overall aging health for women with a focus on strengthening bones!
Classes & Single Sessions
Our cutting-edge testing methods identify weak links and turn them into strengths, ensuring you’re ready for any challenge that comes your way.
Strength & Conditioning Programs are designed for:
- General strength training
- Sport Specific strength training
- Running/skiing/hiking/biking progression, maintenance & injury prevention
- Cross training for marathon training
- Rock climbing specific training
- Preparing for competition, tournament or race
- Female Athlete specific training (special considerations to female athlete physiology and training needs for teenagers and women transitioning into menopause and peri-menopause, with focus on bone health and muscle mass.)
Points to note:
- These services are not billable to insurance. Strength and Conditioning Services fall under our “Wellness” category, meaning according to insurance they are, “not medically necessary.”
- Please wear comfortable clothing, and bring indoor shoes.
- Runners’ Edge Alaska is an important piece of the wholesome care for active Alaskan’s of all ages – whether it is completing a marathon, hiking in the Chugach mountains, training for the Tour of Anchorage, successfully completing a V-10, or just running after your kids. Your physical therapist will closely communicate with the rest of your team (your physician, coach, massage therapist, nutritionist, etc.) to provide seamless care.
Elevate results with our expert sports therapists and specialized training equipment. Try our ski-erg and nordictrack treadmill to optimizing your skiing and running.
What Other People Just Like You Are Saying About Runners' Edge Alaska in Anchorage, AK...
“Natalie built a training program to fit my lifestyle, mindful of my individual schedule, with flexibility to fine-tune and make adjustments weekly… In addition to the high-caliber training plan, Natalie includes nutrition and hydration goals, offers insight into effects of hormones on fitness, and emphasizes the ‘intangibles’ in overall wellness. Her knowledge, education, experience and passion for helping others makes her hands down one of the BEST in the field!”
| Patti C.
After completing a Marathon, I started working a 6-Pack Personalized Training Program at Runners’ Edge. Natalie customizes workouts to each individual’s needs and goals. I enjoy the demonstration videos that Natlie provides for each exercise. I have a new confidence in the gym that I had not possessed before.”
| Allison K.
I am in my early 40s and am interested in addressing the muscle and bone loss that can happen at this age. Natalie was so knowledgeable about working with female physiology and how our hormonal cycles can affect our training. I am an active person, but not an athlete in a particular sport, and she was able to explain the reasoning behind her suggestions. She was particular about my posture for weight lifting and had some very helpful adjustments to address any discomfort that arose. I’m feeling great and no injuries! I’ve noticed improved mood and my pants are fitting better, although weight loss was not my goal. Natalie was so positive, encouraging and cheerful in each of our sessions, both in person and virtual. I’m grateful for her guidance and for getting me organized in a way that was tailored to my needs, timeframe and ability
| John D.
When I signed up for Trevor’s strength training class for skiers, my goal was to increase my strength and balance for skiing and similar activities. More generally I wanted to begin the ski season stronger and more balanced than when I stopped at the end of last season. The structure of the class, which focused on exercises requiring minimal equipment, really worked for me as I could continue the workouts on my own. In order to get the most out of the class, I tried to go inline skating or Nordic skiing after each class so that I could place intent and focus on the areas covered in the class. The result was exhilarating. I felt supercharged and I think my skiing this season has reflected that. I would not hesitate to sign up for another class through Runner’s Edge. You all have changed my life for the better. Thank you!