If you are in a remote location, or if you simply don't have time for traffic, parking and waiting rooms, an online physical therapy consultation could help.
Online physical therapy has been proven to be as effective as in-person care. The online physical therapy consultation process is almost the same as if you were to visit a physical therapist in person. You still receive all of the benefits, just delivered online instead.
You may be thinking – how can physical therapy be performed online? It is often perceived as a very ‘hands on’ profession.x
At Runners’ Edge Alaska, we have taken the physical therapy consultation process completely online to save you time and travel hassle. This means that you can get your injury personally assessed and diagnosed via any combination of webforms, video consultations and secure messaging. Your physical therapist will then formulate a rehabilitation plan specific to your needs, and convey it to your computer via written report, online video, and to your smartphone.
Physical therapy as a whole has moved away from a reliance on complex machines and manual techniques, and more towards structured rehabilitation plans that the patient carries out themselves under guidance. This can be converted surprisingly well to an online format, and there is extensive research evidence to support this.
What Can You Expect? How Does The Process Work?
- If you are not sure if this is for you, schedule a free online or phone discovery visit. We will get to know you better (and you will get to know us better), discuss your goals, and suggest the best approach to solve your problem.
- Schedule a physical therapy appointment
- Physical therapist will meet with you through Zoom call (we will send you a link when you schedule your appointment). He or she will take your detailed musculoskeletal and activity history, assess your mobility, movement patterns and equipment (if needed), and narrow down the diagnosis as well as suggest plan of care.
- We will suggest home care, exercises and activity progression to reach your goals.
- We will follow up with you through email, between your appointments.
- If your physical therapist (or you) ever feel that you need to be seen in person, we will gladly travel to you (within Anchorage, Eagle River and Girdwood).
- If your physical therapist (and you) feel that you would benefit from another specialist, we will gladly make the connection and refer you.
Points To Note:
At this time, we can only provide Telehealth services in Alaska. This means that you have to be physically present in Alaska.
Runners’ Edge Alaska is an important piece of the wholesome care of anybody who runs – whether it is a marathon or just running after your kids. The physical therapist will closely communicate with the rest of your team – the physician, coach, massage therapist, nutritionist to provide seamless care.
What Other People Just Like You Are Saying About Runners' Edge Alaska in Anchorage, AK...
Alaskan Skier Able To Return To Her Favorite Activities
| Taylor Turney